9.9.12

This Week in History

9/11 Terrorist Attack - September 11 2001
On Tuesday morning, September 11, 2001, 4 passenger planes were hijacked by 19 terrorists. The terrorists were from the Islamist militant group, al-Qaeda and it is believed they were acting out of anger at America’s involvement in the Middle East. They carried out the deadliest terrorist attacks on American soil.
You were probably too young to remember when the 9/11 terrorist attacks took place in the United States. However, if you were to ask any adult where they were the moment they heard about these attacks, they could probably tell you as it was such a life changing event.
I was working at a school in England in the computer suite.  All the computer crashed and we didn't understand why.  I only found out when I got home from school and put the news on.
Ask your parents or caregivers where they were and post their answer as a comment.

18 comments:

  1. how could people do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. my dad just woke up and he got a text from his friend saying turn on the tv. and the twin towers were on tv.

    alyssa.:)♫:)♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum was makeing breakfast and doing the washing.

    Alani

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum was at work looking after a 1 hour old baby

    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  5. man thats good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dad was getting redy for work and i was at my nanna and poppa

    jayden m

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mum said that Dad was at work or on his way to work and she was in Bed. Her friend called her and told her what was happening and dad found out by the radio as he is a logger and was somewhere that didnt have a tv

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg thats really devastating if thats how u spell it.


    :'<( :,<(


    damiamamaman

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mum was working
    boring


    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mum was working at the tapawera pub
    and my Dad was spraying apple trees

    lawrence

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Mum and Dad were working in Fiji and heard about it on the radio.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mum said my sister wasn't born yet and she turned on the news and thought the would never be the same.

    Zesty Awesome Krazy

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mum was in bed lsing to 6:oo news on the radio she reand it was a jook. Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  14. i listened to the song 9 11 heavean i miss you daddy. it is really sad

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  15. my mum and dad was at work and i was in bed my bother was looking after me



    michael D

    ReplyDelete
  16. My Mum was taking care of me and my brother

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think that it was stupid what al-quidea did

    Taylor

    ReplyDelete